Course leader: Morten Frydenberg
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Course fee: 3,480.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2023
Application deadline: 16/10/2023
Start date: 14/11/2023
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
The course A127/18 Linear regression models for continuous and binary data is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, 2023.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Recommended knowledge for participation: Knowledge of biostatistics equivalent to the knowledge obtained at the PhD course Basic Biostatistics, Health, Aarhus University. The statistical package Stata will be used in the exercises. Participants may use other software, but is required to have skills and knowledge of the program comparable to that obtained at the course in Basic Biostatistics.
Note that participation in the course requires completion of ‘Basic Biostatistics’ part 1 and 2 (former known as ‘Basic Biostatistics’ (8 days)) or similar.
Aim: The participants should obtain a basic knowledge of linear normal and binary regression methods as applied within health science.
- Apply both linear normal and binary regression methods
- Confidently read and understand the output of a regression analysis
- Understand and evaluate the assumptions behind the model
- Work with regression models that include interaction/effect modification
- Communicate the main results of a regression analysis and the assumptions behind these as a part of a paper
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 72 hours.
Content: Estimates, confidence intervals, tests and model validation. Working with categorical explanatory variables and the significance of the choice of reference group. Estimation and test for interaction/effect modification. The use of regression models for prediction. A short introduction to some more complicated regression models.
Venue: The Conference Centre, Frederik Nielsens Vej 2-4, 8000 Aarhus C
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students and Health Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 14 November 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 17 November 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 21 November 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 24 November 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 28 November 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 01 December 2023 09:00 - 16:00