Course leader: Henrik Hein Lauridsen
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: PH
Course fee: 2,400.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2022
Application deadline: 29/08/2022
Start date: 26/09/2022
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
The course P255/07 Introductory course in questionnaire technique and clinimetrics is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, fall 2022.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: The purpose of the course is to give participants an introduction to clinimetric testing of questionnaires.
- Have knowledge about conceptualisation and operationalisation
- Know the most important concepts related to questionnaire research
- Know the basics of how to design a questionnaire and write items
- Know the requirements for questionnaire validation
- Have the skills to find and select the most appropriate outcome measure
- Have the skills to translate an international questionnaire into Danish
- Have basic knowledge of the Cosmin taxonomy and methodology with focus on validity and reproducibility
- Have basic knowledge in how to develop a new measurement instrument
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 51 hours.
Content: The course is an introduction to the science of measurements in medicine. Participants will be introduced to the basic concepts of questionnaire research including the structure and design of questionnaires, conceptual models and frameworks, dimensionality and item formulation. This is followed by how to select an appropriate outcome measure for a clinical trial, translating and culturally adapt an international questionnaire into Danish and the basic steps of developing a new measurement instrument. Furthermore, the COSMIN taxonomy and methodology will be introduced, and the measurement properties of validity and reproducibility will be addressed. Time slots on issues related to the individual projects are available.
The introductory course is followed-up by a more in-depth course (“Advanced course in questionnaire technique and clinimetrics”) which runs once a year either at SDU or AU.
Instructors: Eva Ørnbøl, Alice Ørts
Venue: The Conference Centre, Frederik Nielsens Vej 2, 8200 Aarhus N
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students and Health Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 26 September 2022 09:00 - 16:00
- 03 October 2022 09:00 - 16:00
- 10 October 2022 09:00 - 16:00