Course leader: Anne Vils Møller
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Course fee: 240.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2022
Application deadline: 17/10/2022
Start date: 15/11/2022
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
The course Introduction to managing Research Data, FAIR principles, and Open Access is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, fall 2022.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: Collecting, analyzing, storing and sharing data are central activities in research. Research Data Management (RDM) and FAIR (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, Reusability) principles are thus becoming increasingly important, and researchers are often required by institutions and funders to prepare a data management plan. Open Access (OA) publishing is another aspect related to sharing research output, which implies that scholarly publications are distributed online, free of any access barriers.
- will understand the basic principles of RDM
- will know the different aspects of the research data lifecycle
- will know what constitutes a data management plan and be familiar with templates and specific tools for writing their own data management plan
- will know about FAIR principles and how to make their own datasets as FAIR as possible
- will know the different models of OA: gold, green, hybrid
- will be aware of potential OA requirements of funders
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 4 hours.
Content: The course will introduce the concepts of Research Data Management, FAIR principles, and Open Access. Different aspects and practices related to these concepts will be presented. The lessons will be a mix between theory, class discussions, and hands-on exercises.
Venue: The Victor Albeck building, 1266, Vennelyst Blvd. 4, 8000 Aarhus C
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students and Health Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 15 November 2022 09:00 - 12:00