Course leader: Florian Franck Privé
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Course fee: 1,680.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2022
Application deadline: 22/08/2022
Start date: 19/09/2022
Administrator: Annette Poulsen
Criteria for participation
In order to take part of this course, you must have some basic knowledge in R and some experience writing some R code; How to create variables, functions, loops, etc. and how to subset objects such as vectors and data frames.
The course A297/03 Advanced R is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, fall 2022.
Criteria for participation: Participants must have some basic knowledge in R and some experience writing some R code. How to create variables, functions, loops, etc. How to subset objects such as vectors and data frames.
Aim: This course aims to give students a greater understanding of the R language for them to produce more clean, sophisticated, and efficient R code, and make them adopt better practices and learn more about packages and tools that will simplify their life when coding in R and doing some data analysis and visualization.
Note that this is NOT a Statistics course at all.
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Use RStudio with a better setup to be more efficient in their work
- Version their code with Git to keep track of changes in their code
- Understand more R as a programming language and write better,
- simpler code
- Manipulate and visualize data with the tidyverse and R Markdown
- Produce efficient R code
- Develop an R package
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 35 hours.
- Good practices and advanced programming with R
- Data analysis with the tidyverse
- Code performance
- How to make an R package
Instructors: Florian Privé and Clara Albiñana
Venue: Building 2641, Fuglesangs Allé 26, 8210 Aarhus V
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students and Health Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 19 September 2022 09:00 - 16:00
- 20 September 2022 09:00 - 16:00
- 21 September 2022 09:00 - 16:00
- 22 September 2022 09:00 - 16:00
- 23 September 2022 09:00 - 16:00