Course P168/13 Health economics, prioritisation and evaluationCancelled
Course leader: Ulrika Enemark
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: PH
Course fee: 3,840.00 DKK
Max seats: 20
Status: Course is cancelled
Semester: Fall 2021
Application deadline: 15/07/2021
Start date: 16/08/2021
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
The course, P168/13 Health economics, prioritisation and evaluation, is being offered being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, autum 2021.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: The objective of the course is to give an introduction to key health economics concepts and methods for economic evaluation of health related interventions, to put the participants in a position to critically assess the quality of economic evaluations of health care interventions and to enable participants to undertake economic evaluations.
Learning: At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Explain common methods for economic evaluation of health interventions (cost-effectiveness analysis, cost-utility and cost-benefit analysis)
- Explain principles and sources for measurement and valuation of effects of health interventions
- Explain principles and sources for measurement and valuation of resource use
- Understand and critically assess literature on economic evaluation of health interventions
- Design an economic evaluation
Contents: Introduction to basic economic concepts. Prioritisation and objectives - how and why. Methods in economic evaluation - cost effectiveness, cost utility and cost benefit analysis. Calculation of costs and benefits - identification, measurement and valuation. Valuation of health effects. Handling differences in timing and uncertainty.
Venue: Loftsalen (1266-316), The Victor Albeck Building, Vennelyst Blvd. 4, 8000 Aarhus C
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 16 August 2021 08:30 - 16:00
- 17 August 2021 08:30 - 16:00
- 18 August 2021 08:30 - 16:00
- 26 August 2021 08:30 - 16:00
- 27 August 2021 08:30 - 16:00