Course A292/02 Future health professionals digital competencesCancelled
Course leader: Mads Ronald Dahl
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Course fee: 3,360.00 DKK
Max seats: 24
Status: Course is cancelled
Semester: Fall 2021
Application deadline: 02/08/2021
Start date: 30/08/2021
Administrator: Annette Poulsen
The course, A292/02 Future health professional digital competences, is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, autumn 2021.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: This course aims to take on three important and interrelated topics of 21 century healthcare: Digital competences, m- and eHealth, Computational thinking. However, how do you define and identify relevant digital competences for the health professional individuals? The technological development and digitalization is changing the foundation of healthcare and demands novel modern competences of the professionals. This course will initiate continuous educational focus of health professionals in developing the knowledge, use and application of own digital competences. The course will be supported using Brightspace.
Learning outcomes: Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the theory and methodologies of digital competences
- Describe introductory elements of Health and eHealth solutions for patients
- Use tools to evaluate i.e. apps and web resources
- Discuss staging and performing computational thinking at university level
- Reflect on own knowledge, use and application of digital competences
Content: Blended learning
Instructors: Teachers from CESU and members at the faculty of Health. Invited speaker form Circle U using web conferencing.
Time and date: Online teaching and E-learning from 30 August. Class room lessons on 9, 23 September and 8 October from 9:00 - 15:00.
Venue: Kollokvierum Øst, the Victor Albeck building (1268-218), Vennelyst Blvd. 4, 8000 Aarhus C and on Brightspace.
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 30 August 2021
- 09 September 2021 09:00 - 15:00
- 23 September 2021 09:00 - 15:00
- 08 October 2021 09:00 - 15:00