Course leader: Grethe Elholm
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: PH
Course fee: 3,600.00 DKK
Max seats: 30
Status: Course is started
Semester: Spring 2021
Application deadline: 23/12/2020
Start date: 20/01/2021
Administrator: Annette Poulsen
The course is mandatory for PhD students enrolled from 1 January 2016
This is a duplicate course. Please do not sign up for more than one course in ”Responsible Conduct of Research”. If you are available to participate in more than one of the duplicated courses, please indicate in your primary course registration (in the comment box) which course(s) you are also interested in. In case of a duplicate registration, please notice that a full course fee will be charged when reaching the application deadline on all courses.
Preperation prior to the course
The Epigeum Research Integrity online quiz must be completed prior to the course – anticipated time approx. 4 - 6 hours. Further information about the course quiz and how to register for the Epigeum Research Integrity online course will be sent out to participants after cancellation deadline.
Title: Responsible Conduct of Research
is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, spring 2021.
Aim: To introduce PhD students at Health, Aarhus University to the principles of responsible conduct of research and how to avoid scientific misconduct.
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course, the PhD student should:
- Be familiar with the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity as well as Aarhus University guidelines and Health standards of Responsible Conduct of Research
- Be able to understand and discuss principles of research integrity and responsible conduct of research
- Be able to identify, analyse and discuss cases of scientific misconduct and questionable research practices in the grey zone between misconduct and poor science
- Know where to seek advice concerning responsible conduct of research
- Introduction to the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity and RCR guidelines at Aarhus University
- Introduction to standards for responsible conduct of research at Health, Aarhus University
- Gain knowledge on how to handle suspected misconduct
- Where to find regulations and instructions concerning data handling and data storage
- Gain knowledge on agreements for authorships
- Reflections on conflicts of interest and fair review processes
- Reflections on dissemination of research results
Language: In English if non-Danish speakers are present, otherwise in Danish.
Instructors: Multiple instructors
Dates and times: 20 and 27 January 2021 from 8:15 - approx. 13:00
Place: Richard Mortensen Stuen, The Conference Centre, Fredrik Nielsens Vej 4, 8000 Aarhus C
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at member universities of the Nordoc network
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 20 January 2021 08:15 - 12:50
- 27 January 2021 08:15 - 13:15