Course leader: Rikke Katrine Jentoft Olsen
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: ClinFO
Course fee: 0.00 DKK
Max seats: 30
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Spring 2021
Application deadline: 31/03/2021
Start date: 28/04/2021
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
Title: Introduction to Research Training in Health Sciences
is being offered being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, spring 2021.
Criteria for participation: Students or candidates in medicine, dentistry, nursing or Master’s degree in other fields planning to start research as a PhD student, research year fellow or similar at the Faculty of Health, Aarhus University.
The course is being offered two times a year (fall/spring). If you plan to apply for enrolment in spring, we recommend to sign-up for the course in fall, and the other way around
Aim: The aim of the course is to give an introduction to the main research fields in health sciences and to give an introduction to the requirements for conducting a research year or a PhD.
- Introduction to basic, clinical, qualitative and epidemiological research
- Gain knowledge on writing research protocols
- Gain knowledge on writing successful applications
- Introduction to structured literature search
- Reflections on student-supervisor relationships
- Introduction to ethics and regulations in animal and clinical research
Contents: Introduction to basic, clinical, and qualitative research as well as epidemiology; Introduction to writing protocols and grant application; Short introduction to literature research; Requirements according to ethics in science; Discussion of the planned research projects by the participants.
Time and date: 28 and 29 April 2021 from approx. 8:00 – 15:30.
Place: Meeting room 1, The Conference Centre, Frederik Nielsens Vej 2-4, 8000 Aarhus C
Course fee: Participation in the course is free of charge.
- 28 April 2021 08:30 - 15:30
- 29 April 2021 08:30 - 15:30