Course C262/11 Get ready to work with biostatisticsCancelled
Course leader: Eva Greibe
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: ClinFO
Max seats: 24
Status: Course is cancelled
Semester: Spring 2021
Application deadline: 06/01/2021
Start date: 03/02/2021
Administrator: Christina Bak Bekhøi Christensen
Research Honours Programme and Research Year students
Students enrolled in the Research Honours Programme and Research Year will be prioritised.
All students are placed on a waiting list until we reach application deadline.
Title: Get ready to work with biostatistics
is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, spring 2021.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: To achieve knowledge on data documentation, basic statistical tests and the assumptions for performing these tests.
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course, the PhD- or research-year student will be familiar with:
- How to test for assumptions for basic statistical tests
- How to perform basic statistical tests
- How to present results in tables
- How to perform a sample size calculation
Content: The participant will gain knowledge on:
- Different types of variables (continuous and categorical variables)
- Descriptive statistics
- Test for Gaussian distribution
- Sample size calculation
- Parametric statistics and non-parametric statistics - paired data - unpaired data
- Chi2 tests and Fishers exact test
- Repeated measurements: One-way analyses
- Presentation of data using different plots
Recommended knowledge for participation: Basic knowledge on how to use excel or GraphPad Prism
Instructors: Peter Nissen, Ole Halfdan Larsen, Eva Greibe
Dates and times: 3 and 24 February 2021. From 8:15 - 15:00 day 1 and 8:15 - 14:15 day 2.
Place: Aarhus University in“Preben Hornung stuen”, Frederik Nielsens Vej 2-4, 8000 Aarhus C.
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc network
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 03 February 2021 08:15 - 15:00
- 24 February 2021 08:15 - 14:15