Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Max seats: 40
Status: Course is finished
Application deadline: 11/11/2020
Start date: 12/11/2020
Administrator: Annette Poulsen
Title: Welcome to the PhD study
Reg. no.: A1000/77
is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, fall 2020.
Criteria for participation: Enrolment as a PhD student at Health, Aarhus University.
Aim: Introduction event for all newly enrolled PhD students at Health, Aarhus University.
The Graduate School of Health wishes to welcome all newly enrolled PhD students to the PhD programme, and to give PhD students the opportunity to meet and interact with fellow PhD students and AU representatives from fields relevant during the PhD programme.
Contents: Presentations followed by introductions to different AU units that might be relevant for you to know during your PhD programme.
- Introduction to the Graduate School of Health
- PhD Student Counselling
- Data Management
- Key points and services & demonstration of the PhD Planner system
Introduction to e.g.:
- The PhD association
- International Academic Staff Service (IAS)
- PhD and Junior Researcher career services
- Corporate relations and technology transfer (commercialization)
- Research support office (grant applications)
- PhD administration
- Biostatistical Advisory Service (BIAS)
- International Medical Cooperation Committee (IMCC), Research Exchange (international medical students offering assistance to PhD projects in Denmark)
- The Academy for Talented Youth ("Akademiet for talentfunde unge")
Head of course: The Graduate School of Health
Instructors: Head of the Graduate School Helene Nørrelund, representative from the PhD Career and Junior Researcher unit, PhD student member of the PhD Association, representative from International Academic Staff Services (IAS), representative from the External Relations Office, representative from the Research Support Office, representatives from the Graduate School of Health, representative from Biostatistical Advisory Service (BIAS), representative(s) from IMCC Research Exchange, PhD student counsellor Ebba Nexø, Data Manager Jakob Hjort.
Number of participants: 40
Dates and times: 12 November 2020 at 9:00 – 12:00 (approx.)
Place: The Conference Center, Richard Mortensen Stuen Fredrik Nielsens vej 4, 8000 Aarhus C (Aarhus University)
Course fee: 0 DKR (free of charge for AU HE PhD students or PhD candidates starting their PhD study within three months from the welcoming event)
Application deadline: 15 October 2020