Course A292/01 Future health professionals digital competences COURSE CANCELLEDCancelled
Course leader: Mads Ronald Dahl
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Max seats: 24
Status: Course is cancelled
Application deadline: 20/08/2020
Start date: 28/08/2020
Administrator: Annette Poulsen
Title: Future health professional digital competences
is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, Fall 2020.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: This course aims to take on three important and interrelated topics of 21 century healthcare: Digital competences, m- and eHealth, Computational thinking. However, how do you define and identify relevant digital competences for the health professional individuals? The technological development and digitalization is changing the foundation of healthcare and demands novel modern competences of the professionals. This course will initiate continuous educational focus of health professionals in developing the knowledge, use and application of own digital competences.
The course will be supported using Blackboard.
Learning outcomes: Upon completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the theory and methodologies of digital competences
- Describe introductory elements of Health and eHealth solutions for patients
- Use tools to evaluate i.e. apps and web resources
- Discuss staging and performing computational thinking at university level
- Reflect on own knowledge, use and application of digital competences
Content: Blended learning
- Online activities 1-3, pre test and individual digital competence mapping
- First day in class room (10 Sep.)
- Online activities 4-6
- Second day in class room (22 Sep.)
- Online activities 7-9
- Third day in class room (8 Oct.)
- Online activity - post test and digital competence mapping
Head of course: Mads R. Dahl
Instructors: Teachers from CESU and members at the faculty of Health. Invited speaker form Circle U using web conferencing.
Number of participants: 24
Time and date:
Online lessons: On Blackboard from 28 August
Class room lessons: 10, 22 September and 8 October 2020 approx. 9:00 - 15:00
Venue: Blackboard and Kollokvierum Øst (1268-218), The Victor Albeck Building, Vennelyst Blvd. 4, 8000 Aarhus
Course fee: DKK 3360
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
Application deadline: 13 August 2020