Course leader: Henrik Hein Lauridsen
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Max seats: 25
Status: Course is finished
Application deadline: 07/09/2020
Start date: 05/10/2020
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
Title: Introductory course in questionnaire technique and clinimetrics
is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, fall 2020.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: The purpose of the course is to give participants an introduction to clinimetric testing of questionnaires.
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course the participants will:
- Have knowledge about conceptualisation and operationalisation
- Know the most important concepts related to questionnaire research
- Know the basics of how to design a questionnaire and write items
- Know the COSMIN taxonomy
- Know the requirements for a questionnaire validation
- Have the skills to find and select the most appropriate outcome measure
- Have the skills to translate an international questionnaire into Danish
- Have basic knowledge of the Cosmin taxonomy, validity and reproducibility
- Have basic knowledge in how to develop a new measurement instrument
Contents: The course is an introduction to the science of measurements in medicine. Participants will be introduced to the basic concepts of questionnaire research including the structure and design of questionnaires, conceptual models and frameworks, dimensionality and item formulation. This is followed by how to select an appropriate outcome measure for a clinical trial, translating and culturally adapt an international questionnaire into Danish and the basic steps of developing a new measurement instrument. Furthermore, the COSMIN taxonomy including validity and reproducibility will briefly be introduced. Advice on issues related to the individual projects will be addressed.
The introductory course is followed-up by a more in-depth course (“Advanced course in questionnaire technique and clinimetrics”) which runs once a year either at SDU or AU.
Head of course: Henrik Hein Lauridsen
Instructors: Jens Søndergaard Jensen, Eva Ørnbøl, Henrik Hein Lauridsen
Number of Participants: 25
Dates and times: 5-7 October 2020, from approx. 9:00-16:00
Place: The Victor Albeck Building, Vennelyst Boulevard 4, 8000 Aarhus C
- 5-6 October Kollokvierum Øst (1268-218)
- 7 October Loftsalen (1266-316)
Course fee: DKK 2400
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
Application deadline: 7 September 2020