Course leader: Eva Greibe
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: ClinFO
Course fee: 2,280.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Spring 2024
Application deadline: 02/01/2024
Cancellation deadline: 14/01/2024
Course type: Classroom teaching
Start date: 01/02/2024
Administrator: Thilde Møller Risgaard
All applicants will be placed on waiting list. This course is primarily for research-year medical students.
The course C262/23 Get ready to work with Biostatistics (Research Year) is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, spring 2024.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (only for research-year medical students).
Requirements for participation: None. We recommend that the participants use the statistical software GraphPad Prism for the course (free versions are available online).
Aim: To achieve knowledge on data documentation, basic statistical tests and the assumptions for performing these tests.
- How to test for assumptions for basic statistical tests
- How to perform basic statistical tests
- How to present results in tables
- How to perform a sample size calculation
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be around 20 hours (including homework).
Content: The participant will gain knowledge on:
- Different types of variables (continuous and categorical variables)
- Descriptive statistics
- Test for Gaussian distribution
- Sample size calculation
- Parametric statistics and non-parametric statistics - paired data - unpaired data
- Chi2 tests and Fishers exact test
- Repeated measurements: One-way analysis
- Presentation of data using different plots
- Regression analysis
Instructors: Eva Greibe, Ole Halfdan Larsen, Peter Henrik Nissen
Venue: Aarhus University
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 01 February 2024 08:15 - 15:00
- 23 February 2024 08:15 - 14:15