Course leader: Christina Catherine Dahm
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: PH
Course fee: 1,631.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2023
Application deadline: 03/07/2023
Start date: 11/09/2023
Administrator: Lena Melchior Villadsen
Please note that this is a residential course taking place at Sandbjerg Estate in Sønderborg with mandatory stay-over.
The course P216/06 Nutritional Epidemiology - RESIDENTIAL COURSE on Sandbjerg Estate is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, 2023.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or master’s degree in other fields. The participants are expected to have completed an introductory course in epidemiology.
Recommended knowledge for participation: Epidemiology I or similar.
Aim: The aim of the course is to provide knowledge about methodologies used in nutritional epidemiology.
- Insight into study designs in nutritional epidemiology
- Insight into design and conduct of nutritional epidemiological studies
- Insight into strategies for analyses of nutritional epidemiological data
- Ability to evaluate nutritional epidemiological studies
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 46 hours.
Content: Principles for designing nutritional epidemiological studies and different strategies for analyses of nutritional epidemiological data will be introduced. The current status of nutritional epidemiology, as well as potential directions and challenges will be discussed.
The course will consist of a combination of lectures, group work, and discussions.
Instructors: Daniel Borch Ibsen, Anja Olsen, Berit Heitmann
Venue: Sandbjerg Estate, Sønderborg
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, research-year students and research honours programme students from Health, Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration. A payment for accommodation of DKK 1,631.00 will be charged.
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses. A payment for accommodation of DKK 1,631.00 will be charged.
- Others: DKK 1,631.00 incl. accommodation
- 11 September 2023 18:00 - 21:00
- 12 September 2023 08:00 - 17:00
- 13 September 2023 08:00 - 17:00
- 14 September 2023 08:00 - 16:00