Course leader: Christina Catherine Dahm
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: PH
Course fee: 3,960.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2023
Application deadline: 24/07/2023
Start date: 21/08/2023
Administrator: Lena Melchior Villadsen
The course P98/24 Epidemiology II is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, 2023.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Recommended knowledge for participation: Epidemiology I or similar
Aim: The course aims to provide the background for critical reading and interpretation of epidemiological research articles.
- Advanced insight into epidemiological study design
- Advanced insight into design and evaluation of epidemiological studies
- Insight into DAGs
- Insight into strategies for analysing epidemiological data
- Practical experience with analyses of epidemiological data
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 82 hours.
Content: Principles for designing epidemiological studies and analysing data will be introduced. The focus will be on follow-up studies and on case-control studies. Using a specified dataset, a strategy for analysing data will be developed, data will be analysed, and the results presented and discussed. After the course, participants should be able to design and analyse simpler epidemiological studies.
Instructors: Christina Catherine Dahm and Dorte Rytter
Venue: Aarhus University, Aarhus
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students and Health Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 21 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 22 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 23 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 24 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 28 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 29 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 30 August 2023 09:00 - 16:00