Course leader: Annette De Thurah
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: ClinFO
Course fee: 2,160.00 DKK
Status: Course is finished
Semester: Spring 2023
Application deadline: 20/02/2023
Start date: 20/03/2023
Administrator: Lena Melchior Villadsen
The course C316/01 Patient reported outcomes (PRO) in clinical research is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, 2023.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Recommended knowledge for participation: Basic statistics recommended.
Aim: PRO data has the potential to measure what matters to patients in their daily life, so PRO assessments are critical aspects of clinical research. Thus, the overall aim of this course is to ensure high quality research based on PRO data, and to introduce the PhD students to the methodology of using PRO in clinical research.
Learning outcomes: By the end of this course the students will
- have received an overall introduction to the concepte of PRO and the implication of using PRO data in clinical research
- be able to select PRO instruments, and evaluate its quality
- be able to design, analyse, report and interpret PROs in clinical research
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 45 hours.
Content: The course is an introduction to use of PRO in clinical research with a special emphasize on clinical trials. Thus, the focus is mainly on the application of PRO in research rather than on design and psychometric evaluation of questionnaires. The attenders will be presented for the use of international PRO guidelines for selecting, analysing and reporting PRO data. As an example, the course will cover the following areas: selection of PRO measures, evaluation of PRO measures, writing PRO protocols, how to handle missing data, analysing PRO etc.
Venue: Aarhus University, Aarhus
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Health Research Year students and Health Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 20 March 2023 09:15 - 15:30
- 21 March 2023 09:15 - 16:00
- 22 March 2023 09:15 - 15:30