Course leader: Sigrid Bjerge Gribsholt
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: ClinFO
Course fee: 1,800.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2023
Application deadline: 07/08/2023
Start date: 04/09/2023
Administrator: Lena Melchior Villadsen
The course C306/02 Clinical and Epidemiological Aspects of Nutrition and Obesity is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, 2023.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: The aim of the course is to provide knowledge about obesity: physiology, epidemiology, treatment, research methods and mental consequences.
Learning outcomes: Insight into study designs and conduct of clinical research including nutrition and exercise interventions
- Insight into study designs and conduct of obesity and nutritional epidemiology
- Insight into mental aspects of overweight and obesity
- Ability to evaluate clinical and epidemiological studies on exercise, nutrition, and overweight and obesity
The course will consist of a combination of lectures, group work, and discussions.
Content: The course will provide wide knowledge on research in nutrition and obesity. The first day will include an introduction to the newest knowledge on obesity epidemiology, genetics, basic science, metabolic associated fatty liver disease, and COVID-19 and obesity. The main focus of the second day will be Nutritional interventions in clinical research, treatment of obesity (lifestyle intervention, pharmacological treatment, and bariatric surgery), and stigmatization. Day 3 will be an introduction to different methods in nutritional and obesity research including experimental clinical research, epidemiology, and preclinical research, and the day will include workshops where the participants will work in smaller groups according to their main method interest.
Instructors: Professor Jens Meldgaard Bruun and MD, PhD Sigrid Bjerge Gribsholt
Venue: Aarhus University, Aarhus
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
- 04 September 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 05 September 2023 09:00 - 16:00
- 06 September 2023 09:00 - 16:00