Course leader: Rikke Katrine Jentoft Olsen
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Graduate program: ClinFO
Course fee: 1,200.00 DKK
Status: Course is open for application
Semester: Fall 2023
Application deadline: 04/10/2023
Start date: 02/11/2023
Administrator: Johanne Gregor Nielsen
The course C236/23 Introduction to Research Training in Health Sciences is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, 2023.
Criteria for participation: Students or candidates in medicine, dentistry, nursing or Master’s degree in other fields planning to start research as a PhD student, research year fellow or similar at the Faculty of Health, Aarhus University.
Aim: The aim of the course is to give an introduction to the main research fields in health sciences and to give an introduction to the requirements for conducting a research year or a PhD.
- Introduction to basic, clinical, qualitative and epidemiological research
- Gain knowledge on writing research protocols
- Gain knowledge on writing successful applications
- Introduction to structured literature search
- Reflections on student-supervisor relationships
- Introduction to ethics and regulations in animal and clinical research
Workload: The full workload of the course is expected to be 25 hours.
Content: Introduction to basic, clinical, and qualitative research as well as epidemiology; Introduction to writing protocols and grant application; Short introduction to literature research; Requirements according to ethics in science; Discussion of the planned research projects by the participants.
Instructors: Active researchers at Health with expertise in the fields mentioned above
Venue: Aarhus University, Aarhus.
Participation in the course is free of charge.
- 02 November 2023 08:00 - 16:00
- 03 November 2023 08:00 - 16:00