Course leader: Dorte Rytter
Graduate school: Faculty of Health
Max seats: 24
Status: Course is finished
Application deadline: 13/07/2020
Start date: 10/08/2020
Administrator: Annette Poulsen
is being offered by the Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University, fall 2020.
Criteria for participation: University degree in medicine, dentistry, nursing, or Master’s degree in other fields and/or postgraduate research fellows (PhD students and research-year medical students).
Aim: The course aims to provide the background for critical reading and interpretation of epidemiological research articles.
- Advanced insight into epidemiological study design
- Advanced insight into design and evaluation of epidemiological studies
- Insight into DAGs
- Insight into strategies for analyzing epidemiological data
- Practical experience with analyses of epidemiological data
Contents: Principles for designing epidemiological studies and analyzing data will be introduced. The focus will be on follow-up studies and on case-control studies. Using a specified dataset, a strategy for analyzing data will be developed, data will be analyzed and the results presented and discussed. After the course, participants should be able to design and analyze simpler epidemiological studies.
Recommended knowledge for participation:
Head of course: Dorte Rytter
Instructors: Christina Catherine Dahm, Dorte Rytter, Svend Juul and Adam Hulman
Number of participants: 24
Dates and times: 10 – 13 and 17 – 19 August 2020
Place: Kollokvierum Øst, The Victor Albeck Building, Vennelyst Blvd. 4, 8000 Aarhus
Course fee: DKK 4500
Participation in the course is without cost for:
- PhD students, Research Year students and Research Honours Programme students from Aarhus University
- PhD students enrolled at partner universities of the Nordoc collaboration
- PhD students from other institutions in the open market agreement for PhD courses
Application deadline: 13 July 2020